Plan a Healthy Pregnancy with Special Beginnings®
You have a little, nagging question – at 3 a.m. Wouldn’t it be great to talk to a nurse right away and get the answer?
The Special Beginnings Maternity Management program provides a 24-hour nurse hotline, as well as your own nurse. Your nurse contacts you regularly to provide personalized prenatal education and resources, plus support for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy, full-term baby. We encourage early and regular prenatal care with your doctor or midwife.
Special Beginnings is available to you at no additional cost.
In addition, you can use the pregnancy and infant care information available through myregence.com. You can also share your pregnancy story (or your “getting pregnant” story!) and read others’ stories about taking charge of their health.
About Special Beginnings
- You can call a nurse anytime, toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You choose one of seven books or a DVD set about pregnancy.
- We assign a nurse to you, to help you throughout your pregnancy.
- When you enroll, you complete a health risk assessment. It helps your nurse tailor information and resources to your needs.
- Your nurse contacts you regularly, using your choice of phone or secure e-mail. Your nurse acts as your Regence liaison, helping guide you through the health care system. Your nurse even coordinates home care and any other covered services, so you can focus on having a healthy baby.
- 96% of Special Beginnings participants say it was a great experience.
Taking good care of yourself and your baby is its own reward. But in addition, we'll reward you for completing the Special Beginnings program. You'll earn points from the myRegence.com Rewards Program. Accumulate enough points and you can choose a gift card from over 100 merchants.
When to enroll
We encourage you to enroll early in your first trimester to get the most out of the program, but you may enroll up to one month before your due date.
How to enroll
- Calling us at 1 (888) JOY-BABY during business hours (1-888-569-2229). If you have your member card handy, that'll make things easier.
- Enroll securely online
- OR download and print the enrollment form in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF). If you print the form, fax or mail your completed form to:
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
PO Box 12625 Mail Station S3F
Salem, OR 97309
Fax: (503) 391-8696