- Largest network of doctors in the United States and worldwide
- Blue National Doctor & Hospital Finder helps you select providers by location, board certification and Quality Based Recognition
- Easy to arrange an appointment when you want one
- No need to submit a claim form if you see a participating BlueCard doctor in the United States
How to use BlueCard benefits
If you have BlueCard coverage, your health care benefits work almost exactly the same as they do when you are at home. You do not need a referral from your doctor or health plan.
Inside the United States
Your member card has a suitcase on it that identifies you as a BlueCard member. When you arrive at a participating Blue Plan doctor's office or hospital, simply present your card.
Outside the United States
If you are traveling outside the United States, you should not need to pay up front for inpatient care at BlueCard Worldwide hospitals, in most cases. Just show your member card, which has a suitcase on it that identifies you as a BlueCard member.
However, you do pay the doctor or hospital for inpatient care at nonBlueCard Worldwide hospitals, outpatient hospital care and other medical services. After paying, complete an international claim form and send it to the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center.
- learn more about BlueCard Worldwide and download a claim form online, or
- contact us for a claim form