Life's challenges—and how well we deal with them—can greatly affect our overall health. That's why Regence offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP helps employees regain the balance needed to live a healthy life. Some studies indicate that offering an EAP may have several benefits for employers, including lower medical costs, reduced turnover and absenteeism, and higher employee productivity.
An EAP can help employees deal with personal problems that might have a negative impact on their work performance, health and well-being. The EAP provides the following services for employees and their dependents:
- In-person Counseling: As many as four sessions per incident for almost any issue, such as parenting problems, relationship issues, anxiety and work stress.
- 24-hour crisis help: Toll-free access during a crisis situation
- RBH eAccess™: Convenient access to online consultations with licensed counselors
Behavioral health chatbot: Secure text messaging with “Tess”, our Artificial Intelligence behavioral health chat-bot coach that gives 24/7 support and check-ins to boost wellness if you’re struggling with stress, anxiety or other day to day issues. She helps build resilience and self awareness by practicing coping skills.
- Will preparation: A free, easy-to-use will kit sent to the employee for completion, who can then have it signed and notarized as a legal document
- Legal help: A half-hour consultation, followed by a 25 percent discount on legal fees (legal services are not provided for employer-related issues)
- Mediation services: Free consultations for personal, family and nonwork-related issues, such as divorce, neighbor disputes or real estate (a 25 percent discount is available if a professional mediator is retained)
- Financial services: 30 consecutive days of free phone consultations for debt counseling, budgeting, and college or retirement planning (a 25 percent discount is available if a local CPA is retained)
- Parenting services: Professional help with school issues, teenager challenges, adoption, college/retirement planning, and taxes, including 25% off certified public accountant services for tax preparation
- Pet concierge: Packets on topics of pet selection, traveling, first aid, and choosing a kennel and veterinarian, along with referral services for groomers, kennels, walkers, sitters and veterinarians
- Online legal forms: Resources to help create, save, print and revise online legal forms including wills, contracts, leases and many more.
- Child care: Help locating local resources for parenting, school issues, adoption, college planning, teenager challenges, summer camps, day care and other issues for parents.
- Adult and elder-care services: Specialists to help find information on transportation, meals, exercise programs, activities, in-home care, daytime care and housing and more
- College planning: A free 15-minute consultation with a college planning specialist to assist with SAT/ACT prep, scholarships, grants, financial aid and other college-related issues, followed by a 30% discount on program fees
- Personal advantage: A life-balance website that offers interactive resources for solving or preventing a range of challenges and personal problems
- Home ownership program: Free support and information on purchasing a home, including making financing and refinancing decisions, selling a home and relocating
Identity theft recovery assistance: Support in restoring identity and credit after an incident.
Health plan members whose employers have selected the EAP benefit are eligible. Dependents and anyone living in your household are also eligible, whether or not they are plan members.
EAP is a low-cost benefit for employers, and many of the services themselves are free to employees and family members. Regence representatives or producers can provide information about pricing. EAP, when included in a total package, is included in the contract and bill. Regence EAP is delivered by Reliant Behavioral Health (RBH).
EAP also plays an active role within the workplace, offering support and resources to your staff at no additional cost. EAP worksite support includes:
- Information about how to resolve workplace issues and performance problems
- Supervisor manuals, referral forms and other helpful tools
- Unlimited supervisor consultations
- Toll-free supervisor access to clinical managers
- Critical incident stress debriefings
- On-site employee orientations about how to use EAP
- On-site trainings on workplace topics such as violence, sexual harassment and burnout prevention