Employee Assistance Program
Life's challenges—and how well we deal with them—can greatly affect our overall health. That's why Regence offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP helps employees regain the balance needed to live a healthy life. Some studies indicate that offering an EAP may have several benefits for employers, including lower medical costs, reduced turnover and absenteeism, and higher employee productivity.
An EAP can help employees deal with personal problems that might have a negative impact on their work performance, health and well-being. The EAP provides the following services for employees and their dependents:
- Counseling: As many as four sessions per incident for almost any issue, such as parenting problems, relationship issues, anxiety and work stress.
- 24-hour crisis help: Toll-free access during a crisis situation
- eAccess™: Convenient access to online consultations with licensed counselors
- Will preparation: A free, easy-to-use will kit sent to the employee for completion, who can then have it signed and notorized as a legal document
- Legal services: A half-hour consultation, followed by a 25 percent discount on legal fees (legal services are not provided for employer-related issues)
- Mediation services: Free consultations for personal, family and nonwork-related issues, such as divorce, neighbor disputes or real estate (a 25 percent discount is available if a professional mediator is retained)
- Financial services: Help with debt counseling, budgeting, and college or retirement planning (a 25 percent discount is available if a local CPA is retained)
- Parenting services: Professional help with school issues, teenager challenges, adoption, college planning, summer camps, day care and more
- Adult and elder-care services: Advice and resources about transportation, meals, exercise programs, activities, in-home care, daytime care and housing
- Personal advantage: A life-balance website that offers interactive resources for solving or preventing a range of problems
- Home ownership program: Free support and information about making smarter choices when shopping for a new home, including making financing and refinancing decisions, selling a home and relocating
Identity theft recovery assistance: Support in restoring identity and credit after an incident.
Who is eligible?
Health plan members whose employers have selected the EAP benefit are eligible. Dependents and anyone living in your household are also eligible, whether or not they are plan members.
How much does it cost?
EAP is a low-cost benefit for employers, and many of the services themselves are free to employees and family members. Regence representatives or producers can provide information about pricing. EAP, when included in a total package, is included in the contract and bill.
Regence EAP is delivered by Reliant Behavioral Health (RBH). For free trial access to myRBH.com and Personal Advantage, contact Sales@myrbh.com and request a trial access code. Or, call Reliant Behavioral Health at 1 (866) 750-1327 for more information.
EAP in the workplace
EAP also plays an active role within the workplace, offering support and resources to your staff at no additional cost. EAP worksite support includes:
- Information about how to resolve workplace issues and performance problems
- Supervisor manuals, referral forms and other helpful tools
- Unlimited supervisor consultations
- Toll-free supervisor access to clinical managers
- Critical incident stress debriefings
- On-site employee orientations about how to use EAP
- On-site trainings on workplace topics such as violence, sexual harassment and burnout prevention