Verify if your ASO patient’s employer group is covering expanded medical and behavioral health telehealth visits the same as in-person visits.
Follow these steps:
- Check your Regence patient’s member ID card.
- Your patient is part of an ASO group if their member ID card includes this language on the back in the lower left corner: Regence provides administrative claims payment services only and does not assume any financial risk or obligation with request to claims for medical services
- Expanded telehealth for ASO groups who opted in will expire when the group renews:
- For ASO groups who have opted into the expanded telehealth, we will apply the office visit cost share for telehealth visits if directed to do so by the ASO group.
- Verify if an ASO group has expanded telehealth by contacting our Provider Contact Center.
ASO groups may have telehealth benefits that were in place prior to COVID-19. If the group has not opted in to the expanded telehealth, they may use their telehealth benefits.
- Use the Availity Provider Portal to verify your patient's benefits by viewing their benefit booklet.
- If the booklet is not available, call our Provider Contact Center.
Refer to our Virtual Care (Administrative #132) reimbursement policy for details. Claims submitted following the guidelines in this policy will be paid as they have been for members who have a benefit.
View all COVID-19 updates and resources.