Hearing aid benefits
This benefit includes coverage for hearing aids for members on our Enhanced PPO plans through the TruHearing provider network. This benefit is also available as part of the optional benefits coverage on our Medicare HMO plans. There is no out-of-network benefit for hearing aids.
Existing Regence providers who are not currently contracted with TruHearing will need to join TruHearing's network in order to dispense hearing aids covered under the benefit. Contact TruHearing's Provider Outreach team at 1 (855) 286-0550 for more information.
Here is a quick overview of how the TruHearing benefit will work for our Medicare Advantage members:
- Regence members desiring hearing exams or hearing aids contact TruHearing. TruHearing provides member education about the benefit, contacts a local contracted provider, and facilitates appointment scheduling.
- The provider performs a comprehensive hearing evaluation. TruHearing will pay the provider for rendering the exam based on the Regence reimbursement schedule.
- The provider recommends the appropriate hearing aids from options available in their benefit and places an order through TruHearing.
- Hearing aids are shipped to the provider's office, and the patient returns for fitting and programing. The member receives up to three visits for programming, fitting, and adjustments included in the purchase of the hearing aid.
- Patients have 45 days to return or exchange their hearing aids. They also receive a three-year manufacturer's warranty and 48 free batteries per hearing aid from TruHearing.
- The provider does not need to submit claims to Regence for the hearing exam, hearing aid device or follow-up visits for programming and fitting. The claim submission and reimbursement is handled by TruHearing.
- TruHearing pays the provider a professional fitting fee based on its fee schedule.