Visit OmedaRx™ for information about our pharmacy program and procedures, such as viewing the formulary and available generics, prior authorization instructions and medication limits on doses or refills.
You will find a list of covered medications (called a formulary) on the OmedaRX website. The formulary is a list of generic, brand name and specialty medications that are approved by an independent committee of doctors and pharmacists.
Some medications require pre-authorization (also called prior authorization) in order to be covered by the member's insurance plan. Visit the OmedaRx website to find out if your prescribed medication needs prior authorization.
Other information available on the OmedaRx website includes:
- Formulary updates and communications
- Instructions to request an exception
- Explanation of limits or quotas for commercial and Medicare Advantage
- Process for generic substitution, therapeutic interchange and step-therapy protocols
- Instructions for ordering specialty medications
- Medication policies - Note: All medications with associated medication policies are subject to prior authorization requirements.