The Federal Employee Program (FEP) is committed to ensuring Blue Cross and Blue Shield Federal Employee Program® (BCBS FEP®) members can swiftly and easily access the right care at the right time during this pandemic.
Included below is information about the changes FEP is making to support BCBS FEP members and providers. We will continue to update this page to make sure you have the latest information about how FEP is supporting you and BCBS FEP members during this time.
In addition, the FEP COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resource Center includes information about the disease and coverage commitment.
Telehealth services provided by in-network providers (non-Teladoc providers) are covered for BCBS FEP members, until further notice.
- Effective for services incurred on or after January 1, 2022, in order for claims to process correctly and for you to receive reimbursement, you must use POS 10 or POS 02 (whichever is most appropriate).
FEP will also cover the following telehealth-specific procedure codes when billed by participating or preferred providers: 99091, 99421-99423, 99453, 99454, 99457, 99458, 98970- 98972, 99441- 99443, 98966-98968, G0406-G0408, G0425-G0427, G2010, G2012, G2061-G2063 and Q3014.
BCBS FEP members can receive telehealth services from Teladoc.
- Benefits are currently available for minor acute conditions, behavioral health, dermatology care and nutritional counseling.
- BCBS FEP members’ telehealth benefit is specific to Teladoc and their contracted providers.
Until further notice, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, member cost share will be waived for all telehealth services received through the Teladoc network.
- Can prescribe 30-day medication refills for chronic conditions when medically appropriate
- Can prescribe a maximum refill of 90 days
- Continue to evaluate the clinical appropriateness, consider patient safety and the use of professional judgement when approving any refill requests
Will perform a full consult and review the member’s medical history, if a Teladoc provider was not the initial prescriber
Members can access visit Teladoc’s website or call 1 (855) 636-1579 to receive services.
Care at skilled nursing facility or residential treatment centers
BCBS FEP members may receive care at an out-of-network provider for medically necessary skilled nursing facility care or residential treatment centers if there is not availability at an in-network provider.
- If you received approval for your patient's elective inpatient admission or outpatient elective services and the services are delayed, we will extend the prior approval for these services. Please contact us to request an extension of your expiring prior approval request.
If you received approval for your patient's services through the Advanced Benefit Determination (ABD) process and your patient's services are delayed, we will extend approval for the ABD. Please contact us to request an extension of your expiring ABA request.
Behavioral health resources
- Livongo is providing a service to help manage stressors brought on by COVID-19. The resources are a subset of Livongo’ behavioral health program, myStrength. The offering includes:
- Strategies to manage heightened stress
- Tips for parenting during challenging times
- Ideas to manage social isolation
- Other information for emotional support
- FEP will waive the pre-authorization requirement and member cost-share for COVID-19 testing, regardless of the outcome of the test (positive or negative). FEP will only cover testing claims for COVID-19 if the appropriate codes are used.
- FEP will waive the member cost-share for COVID-19 treatment. FEP will cover COVID-19 related claims using the CDC coding guidelines, including the diagnosis codes: Z03.818 or Z20.828.
- FEP will waive the cost share for prescriptions for up to a 14-day supply.
Coverage for BCBS FEP members
- BCBS FEP members have no out-of-pocket costs when they receive any of the vaccines approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) with emergency use authorization.
Through BCBS FEP’s COVID-19 Vaccination Incentive Program members can receive a $50 incentive for showing they received their first dose of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine on or before September 6, 2021. The incentive is available to all members covered under Standard Option, Blue Option or FEP Blue Focus who are 18 and older and who have a MyBlue account. This includes the contract holder, spouse or dependents. BCBS FEP members can submit their proof of vaccination through December 31, 2021.
Claims submission and reimbursement
- Vaccines: During the public health emergency, the federal government will pay for the cost of the COVID-19 vaccine for all individuals. Providers need to submit claims to the federal government for the vaccine.
- Administration: We will cover the administration fees per the member's benefit. Providers should submit claims for the vaccine administration directly to their Blue Plan using the appropriate CPT code, following the same process that they do for other claims for BCBS FEP members. (Providers should include a $0.00 amount on the claim line, along with the appropriate CPT code for the vaccine.)
- For claims processed on or before March 4, 2021: Regence used CMS' reimbursement rates in combination with our Pricing Codes without RVUs, Administrative #113, reimbursement policy for the administration.
- For claims processed on or after March 5, 2021: Regence is processing claims for the administration based on the National Relative Units (RVUs). For claims with dates of service starting on March 15, 2021, our pricing aligns with the CMS rate increase.
BCBS FEP members:
- Can receive early medication refills for 30-day prescription maintenance medications
Have access to a 90-day mail order benefit for prescription medications for CVS Caremark or AllianceRx Walgreens Prime.
Teladoc providers can prescribe medications. See the Teladoc section above for more information.
View all COVID-19 updates and resources.