Regence believes in the power of information to transform the health care system. The Patient review feature on our website gives our members the opportunity to provide feedback on their experiences with participating providers, including physicians, dentists, other health care professionals and facilities.
Members have two access points to provide feedback:
- From a processed claim, accessed within a member's regence.com account
- From the provider profile within the authenticated Find a doctor tool, allowing the member to provide more immediate feedback
Our members can give providers an overall numerical ranking and provide comments about their experience. The reviews are posted to the Find a doctor tool on our website and are visible to all users, both public and authenticated, of our provider search tool.
Patient reviews allows members to share information in a semi-public setting, creating a level of patient transparency and directness. We have taken steps to encourage responsible use of this feature, including:
- Members are required to use a unique screen name and agree to our transparency tool partner's Conditions of use (PDF) (beginning on page two) before posting any comments about their experience with a provider.
- The Conditions of use prohibits members from posting any material or information that is "illegal, unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, abusive, harmful, false, misleading, defamatory, or invasive of privacy." The Conditions of use also require the member to acknowledge that they are legally responsible for the information they post on the tool.
- We review each comment before it is posted (and therefore visible to users) to determine whether the comment violates the Conditions of use.
If you feel that your patient's comments violate the Conditions of use, please send your appeal in writing via an email or letter to your provider consultant. You will be notified that we have received your appeal within three business days. The Patient review appeals team will then notify you of their decision within 10 business days. If the patient's comments are determined to adhere to the Conditions of use, the comments will remain posted. If, however, it's determined that the patient's comments violate the Conditions of use, the comment will be removed.
Join the conversation
If you would like to post a response to your patients' comments, begin by:
- Carefully reviewing our transparency partner's Conditions of use (PDF) (beginning on page two)
- Completing the Provider response form (PDF) (on page one)
- Submitting it to email@example.com
Before your comments are posted:
- They will be reviewed by the site moderator.
If accepted, your comments will be posted within two business days and will be visible to all users on the patient review screen.
- You will be notified if your comments violate the Conditions of use and, therefore, will not be posted.
Patient Reviews of Participating Blue Plan Providers
Patients can also leave reviews nationally on the Blue National Doctor & Hospital FinderSM. Blue Plans collaborate to ensure member reviews deliver valid and trustworthy data.
Member reviews complement your practice improvement efforts, provide insights into your patients' experiences and attract new patients. Please encourage your patients to contribute their feedback to help other members looking for providers.